Friday 5 July 2013

DIY: paint chip art

Hey guys! Its been ages no excuses but were back so yay! It's Louise's birthday today so that's cool but I'm here to do a DIY. I know what your thinking most uncoordinated human being attempting a DIY, this is going to be a travesty but wait! just think of it a inspirational. Anyway to the point.

DIY paint chip art.


so here is what I managed to create purely from paint chips in the colours I wanted.


The first thing you need to do is get a whole variety of paint chips in your desired colour.

as you can see I went a little nuts with the paints chips and I didn't end up using them all but you do need quite a few.

the next thing I did was cut out a template I just used the trusty old cereal box. I cut it in the shape of a sort of slanted rectangle.

I then traced this shape onto my paint chips. To get the right pattern it is important to alternate the side you trace it on for example:


I then cut out all then shapes


gluing the shapes down onto paper is pretty straight forward you could glue them in any pattern you want. I chose to glue them down alternating direction. You can also ombre the colours starting with the darker shades at the top and gradually moving to the lighter shades at the bottom. I glued mine down like this with just a regular gluestick.



any glue marks I wiped off with a damp cloth. I prefer to glue mine down in random order because 
A) it's way easier and
B)it gives more contrast between the colours

and your done!!! hope you enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment